Water is the main element of any beverage making. A cup of coffee is 98% water and 2% coffee, so water quality is one of the most important factors contributing to the quality and the taste of coffee drinks; you can have the best espresso equipment in place and using the most expensive blend of coffee, but if the quality of your water supply is poor, then it will counter act all other elements. The most common cause of machine break downs and service calls is due to untreated water.
It is essential for business owners to make sure the filtration, treatment and conditioning of your water is correct. Water quality in Ireland varies from area to area, and our engineers can test your water for hardness, and recommend the proper water treatment system to suit your own individual use and your local water conditions.
One of the industry recommended water filtration brands we sell is 3M™ P195BN, this range of replacement filter cartridges offers multiple solutions to help improve the taste, appearance and consistency of espresso machines.
3M P195BN specification:
- Reduces the hardness and chlorine taste and odour in your water;
- Reduces calcium & magnesium ions, TDS, alkalinity, CTO & Bitterness;
- FDA CFR-21 and/or NSF compliant;
- Filter cartridges are o-ring seal type;
- Cartridge body is constructed from high-impact polypropylene;
- Cartridges are sanitary in design, requiring no contact with the filter media during cartridge change-out;
- Filter cartridge requires no pre-activation
Vero Coffee Company will manage your filtration replenishment through our cloud based platform V Tracker. The engineer will calculate the expected water consumption and activate the filter replacement date on V Tracker. We can either schedule an engineer to replace the filter or to save our customers some cost we can deliver the filter to the site and 3 easy steps the filter can be replaced in "DIY" style.
Other filtration products are also available at customer’s request or engineer’s recommendation.